Mediterranean Cruises are a once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy the sights and sounds of Mediterranean seaside cities and create memories that will last for the rest of your life. If you will be taking a cruise in the warm, blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea, be sure that your cruise ship will stop by all five of these gorgeous locations!
1. Greece. Throughout all of history, few places can rival the beauty and historic significance of the Grecian cities and islands. Anybody planning to take a holiday through Mediterranean cruises should be sure that Athens is a top priority on their itinerary. The ruins of the Parthenon, the Acropolis, and the seaside vendors and pita bread shops that run the length of the city is priceless. And if you’re hoping for a bit of fun in the sun, head over to the Greek islands of Mykonos, Santorini and Crete. All are famous for their pure beaches, upbeat nightlife and holiday atmosphere. By extension, all of the Grecian Islands are accessible through the Athens port.
2. Rome. Italy and Rome are right on the Mediterranean cruise route. Known for its stunning architecture, this former world power last two thousand years before its downfall. Today you can enjoy the grandeur of Rome by visiting the Coliseum, local wineries the beautiful shopping centres, or piazzas.
3. Amalfi Beach. Also located in gorgeous Italy is Amalfi Beach, famed the world over for its quaint, secluded atmosphere, the beaches of Amalfi are popular for hosting weddings. The city itself keeps its city hall open well into the late hours of the morning for those wishing to be joined in matrimony – and it is one of the only places in Europe where a marriage license is recognized internationally! In addition to the wedding attraction, there are old Catholic and protestant churches, city squares and Cliffside dining. The colours of the sunset are breathtaking, so be sure to bring your camera.
4. Ibiza. Spain is colourful, flavourful and unique. Ibiza is one of the luckiest cities in the country, situated as it is on the brink of the Mediterranean Sea. Ibiza is known for being a high energy club city, boasting hundreds of musical acts. They also play host to some of Spain’s best DJ’s and musical producers. Today the city attracts concertgoers, as well as those searching for a relaxing place to lounge by the ocean.
5. Cannes. France has a few beaches that border along the Mediterranean Sea, too. You can enjoy the gorgeous, pebbly beaches, the nearby promenade, a fair variety of cafes and restaurants and the cool, sunny climate. The visitors are mostly tourists, so the area is clean.
Image by scott1723