Packing cubes can be considered as a traveler’s best friend. The zipped compartments will make your life easier as these can safely store all of your valuables, no matter how big or small they are. Additionally, packing cubes can also save you time and energy since you don’t have to go through every side of your luggage or bag just to look for your valuables – you’ll exactly know where to search for it. Although packing cubes provide a long list of benefits, this doesn’t mean that you should immediately buy the first one you find in the market. On the contrary, you should be careful in choosing, so you’ll end up buying the best packing cubes for travel. To help you out, consider the following when you’re buying packing cubes:
- Purpose: There are over a hundred styles and designs to choose from when it comes to packing cubes. The variety of options can be overwhelming for a first-time buyer. To help you narrow down your search, think about how you’re going to use these packing cubes. Will you use these to keep all of your socks in one place? Or will you use these to keep all of your shirts and pants together? The purpose can determine the material, size, and features of the packing cubes you should look for.
- Size: Since you already know the purpose why you’re buying packing cubes, it’ll be easier for you to decide which size to choose. Aside from the purpose, you can also consider how you’re planning to segregate all of your valuables. If you want to segregate your clothes based on when you are going to wear them (one packing cube for your entire outfit on Monday, which includes your shirt, pants, socks, and accessories), opt to buy bigger packing cubes. If you’re more comfortable in segregating your valuables based on the type (one packing cube for your socks, another for your shirts), smaller packing cubes might be appropriate.
- Budget: Before heading out to buy your packing cubes, make sure that you already prepared a budget for it. A rule of thumb you can keep in mind is this: the more lightweight the packing cube is, the more expensive it can be. If you’re buying packing cubes because you want something that performs a bag’s main functions while giving you the liberty to segregate all of your valuables, cheaper packing cubes can be ideal. On the other hand, if you’re keener on the weight of your luggage, prepare a bigger budget for your packing cube purchase – the lightweight ones will be more suitable for your needs.
- Color: Regardless of the colors you’d pick, packing cubes can still serve its purpose. However, practicing color-coordinated storage using your packing cubes can make your travel a breeze. For example, if you’re fond of using hiking-style backpacks, the ones that offer storage in the depths of the bag, use packing cubes in light or bright colors, such as red, blue, or yellow. Using these colors instead of the usual standard black will make it easier for you to find these packing cubes even when these are placed inside your bag. Another strategy you can follow is color coordinating the types of your valuables. For example, red for your cosmetics, blue for your toiletries, and yellow for your oral hygiene products.
- Backpack/luggage: The size of your backpack or luggage is also a deciding factor. If you’re going to use a smaller bag for your next travel, like a messenger bag, opt to buy smaller packing cubes so you’ll be able to keep all of your small valuables in one place. You can skip using packing cubes for larger items if you’re going to use a smaller bag, too. If you always use bigger bags when you travel, such as a suitcase or backpack, consider buying larger packing cubes so you can maximize the available space.
- Sturdiness: You’ll be stashing most of your valuables in packing cubes when traveling. Plus, these packing cubes will be placed inside your bags for hours. To ensure that you’ll be purchasing items that will give value to your money, pay attention to the details of the packing cubes. Check the seams, zippers, and fabric used for the packing cube. Be sure to “feel” the structure and construction of the packing cube as well. Choosing high-quality packing cubes guarantees that you’ll be able to use these items today and in the years to come.
Change for the Better
Traveling can be fun, but searching for your valuables for hours inside your luggage isn’t. This can even become the reason why you’d be stressed throughout the entire duration of your travel especially if you can’t find what you’re looking for. Choosing the best packing cubes will steer you away from this direction. Consider this article as your guide before buying your own set of packing cubes, so you’ll enjoy your next travel and holiday vacation!